Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Rubric

I meant to post this earlier when I gave my description about a project I used to do with my seventh graders. I used to ahve the students work in teams to create a radio show. One option that the students had as a segment to produce was that of interview/talk show. Students could write questions, interview someone in the school and record it for inclusion in the radio show. Here is a rubric similar to the one I used to use. I always gave students the rubric ahead of time so that they knew what expectations that I was most concerned with. There were times in my classroom when we, as a class, would co-construct rubrics. I always found this to be a really rewarding and beneficial situation for both me and the kids because one might think that they would want to make the rubric really easy so they would be assured an easy A. For some kids this was the case but for most kids, they really took on this opportunity for agency and gave really important and thoughtful feedback about what should be included on the rubric. The process was so time consuming but so worth it. This rubric below is not one that the students had input on, but it is a near representation of one I used to use. Click the link below to go to Google docs to download the rubric. I couldn't figure out how to embed it here. Sorry!!

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3LUU23gb0rUZDY0ZWUzZTctMTRhNi00ZTQ4LTljZmYtNzU3Mjg2NjZhMWQx&hl=en


No comments:

Post a Comment